1. 2. 3. Bunty's Basket Keepsakes 4. 12. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 25. 26. 27.

28.

Firework Finale!


I love fireworks! They are so colourful and exciting! Although I much prefer to go to organised displays than have fireworks at home.  There is something about going to an organised display. The crowds of people, the anticipation..... and then when the display starts it is so exciting. I love that they are set to music, it just creates such a wonderful atmosphere.

I just don't understand why people spend so much money on having fireworks at home. Maybe its a 'boy's toys' type of thing. There was a large firework shop by where I used to work and you would see the men coming out so excited with their purchase of a huge firework that has cost a fortune and will have gone up in smoke in a few minutes!

The other thing that spoils bonfire night and the many days before and after for me is the effect it has on animals.  Our two poor dogs really do not like fireworks!  


This is Brecon, our handsome border collie. He is 4 years old and so loving and daft.



And this is Eric, our lovable but very mischevious Shih-tzu. He will be 4 at Christmas. He is like a naughty toddler, we are always having to check what he is up to when we can't see him.

And this is the poor pups when there is a firework display near our home.


Trying to get into the smallest corner in the living room.  Poor Brecon's fur has been coming out in tufts and Eric has been so upset it has made him sick. It is so sad to see them shaking.

Although I love firework displays, our family haven't been to an organised display since our beautiful dogs came into our lives, we just couldn't leave them at home alone during firework week.

Thank goodness it is now coming to the end of 'firework week'. Brecon has been so scared we can't get him to go out into the garden in the dark!

And we have to all go through this again at New Year!

Best wishes and keep your pets safe

Michelle x
29. 30. 31. 32.