28. Don't you just love the summer, when our gardens become a bloom of gorgeous colours! Our front garden is a work in progress, but very pretty. It has little wild areas and neat and tidy areas, as I love a bit of a mix! When we moved in, we inherited a beautiful Hydrangea, which blooms in the most gorgeous shades of blue and lavender. I was tempted to pop into the garden today and pick some of these lovely pompom heads to pop into a vase and add a splash of colour to our living room.
Beautiful hydrangea blooms
Don't they look wonderful, those tiny flowers making up those beautiful pom pom heads!
I also picked some lovely stems of lavender and a couple of sprigs of hidcote to pop into this sweet little vase.
Head Vase with lavender
Isn't she just darling! I was thrilled when I found her at a local vintage fair. She is called a 'Head Vase', and after a bit of research I found out that these were used in florists shops to display arrangements in the 50's and 60's. If anyone has any more information on these, I would love to hear from you.
The little doily she is sat on is also a great find. It is one of three that I found at an antiques market. I love little treasures like this!