28. Well, what changeable weather we have had over the last week! Gorgeous sunshine one minute and thunder and lightening the next. I do love a good storm though, don't you? I was quite lucky to be safely indoors during most of the stormy weather, although I did catch the end of a storm on my way to work at 5.30am on Saturday morning. It would have probably been amusing to watch me dodging puddles and the nocturnal wanderings of slugs and snails as I made my way to work (it must have looked like I was doing a strange dance to anyone crazy enough to be out that early in the morning in the heavy rain!) But when the sun came out, it was lovely to see some of the plants and flowers with raindrops still sparkling on them like crystals.........
Luckily for me, my walk to work on Sunday morning was much drier. And when I finished work and set off for home, the weather was so beautiful that I decided to take a detour through our local park and visit the small farm. It was so pretty and cool to walk under the trees.......
Past the paddock where the horses and sheep were grazing...........
and a bit further along, some beautiful cows were enjoying a tasty morsel from a passer by.
I walked around the children's play area, and along the other side of the farm, where the chickens were having a good peck around.
Then along the drive, past this old lamppost which always reminds me of Narnia from 'The lion, the witch and the wardrobe'. We used to have similar types of lampposts on our street, until they modernized a few years ago. I was very sad to see them go.
Then I passed a beautiful old church on my way home with this romantic archway at the entrance. When I used to walk past this as a child, I always dreamt that one day I would walk under it in my bridal gown (I did get married, only not here, so never did achieve that particular dream).
This particular day, I decided to pop into the churchyard under that pretty arch, and followed this curved path up to the church itself......
and here is the bell tower of the beautiful old church of St Giles.
I wandered for a while around the churchyard, before continuing on my journey home. It was the loveliest walk home from work I have had in a very long time ....... and in splendid weather too. I hope you are enjoying beautiful weather where you are.